Eeksy-Peeksy

augury doggerel

Monday, April 17, 2006

On Easter, after time with the family, I dig in the garden, tend flowers, sew seeds, but no one would mistake me for a gardener. Our plot teems with mold and ladybirds, ladybirds. Snails, two copulating in my palm. And broken bricks and broken glass, wire and bone, a chipped ink bottle. The long lower jaw of something, a something with long teeth pointed like thorns. Where I shovel through a tumble of orange vertebrae and long bones, we put two box plants in and christen them Sparky and Fluffy.

4 Comments:

At 12:39 am, Blogger jane kay doe said...

the lower jaw of something!

 
At 5:32 pm, Blogger Roberta said...

Sounds like serious gardening to me. The kind of gardening that only a gardener without commercial dirt or fertilizer or compost and loam would understand. And believe me I understand.

 
At 8:23 pm, Blogger eeksypeeksy said...

I was choppin' stumps today!

 
At 9:16 pm, Blogger tuckova said...

i may have a work/study program available for you here, in which you would work and i would study your work in the hopes of learning something. i'll do everything gardeny that you tell me to do because i am not clever but i am good at following directions. also, i will let you keep any bones you find.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home