Eeksy-Peeksy

augury doggerel

Friday, February 03, 2006

Labyrinthitis

After a cold, I am dizzy, dizzy, dizzy when I lie down or jump up or spin or bend over or roll. Dizzy, nauseated. Vertigo is often accompanied by nausea, vomiting, or malaise.

But Sunday, too late to cancel, too late to change vacation plans, I go away for a week.

A week at tai chi camp, where I will lie down and jump up and spin and bend over and roll for ages every day. And heave up a healthy vegetarian lunch all over my exercise mat.

Or -- I have just learned I will room with the camp DJ -- will I get sick all over the camp DJ and his expensive DJ equipment? The camp DJ who knows kung-fu?

This could be good. Repulse monkey!

Years from now, at some future tai chi camp, when they sit and tell stories around the fire, an older camper will ask, "Have you heard about the vertiginous foreigner and the steaming broccoli salad vomit slick of mortification and spiritual death?"

5 Comments:

At 5:34 pm, Blogger Auntie Sarah said...

At least it won't be a dish of tongue.

 
At 6:48 am, Blogger Anna said...

Hope you have recovered your equilibrium. I am just investigating a tai chi class that is starting in the hall two villages up the road. I don't know how I would get on with it - being impatient with slow moving things and lacking balance. What do you think?

 
At 6:51 am, Blogger tuckova said...

uhm, eww.

 
At 2:46 am, Blogger Okir said...

I apologize, but this made me laugh. Sorry. I hope you feel better...

 
At 5:03 pm, Blogger Cazzy said...

Help i am dizzy everytime i lie down in bed. it seems to be mainly on the right side, dont feel sick, have slight tinitis for years. do i need to see doctor.?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home