Eeksy-Peeksy

augury doggerel

Monday, October 10, 2005

Grand

Today there is weather for it and I'm out with a leaking thermos and two apples and three books. I climb the bastions (where bats now breed in the tunnels) and cross the moat (which is now a railroad and tram line and six lanes of highway) and walk straight through the gates of the city.

Beneath the statues of Neptune and Mercury, where Napoleon stood in 1807 and Hitler stood in 1939, I proclaim this city mine. I have an apple. I have another. The sun is shining on me. I drink an entire thermos of tea. No one can stop me.

5 Comments:

At 9:31 am, Blogger tuckova said...

truly you are an unstoppable force. especially after you drink a whole thermos of tea.

 
At 9:56 pm, Blogger Anna said...

What were the three books?

 
At 10:15 pm, Blogger eeksypeeksy said...

Hmm. The three books were Best American Poetry 2005, Tao Te Ching, and The Razor's Edge.

 
At 4:45 am, Blogger Billy Jones said...

I thought you might enjoy the fact that I've listed you in my list of 100 Blogging Poets In 100 Days.

 
At 8:52 pm, Blogger Anna said...

Great..you've started Fleeting again - one of life's small pleasures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home