Eeksy-Peeksy

augury doggerel

Sunday, September 14, 2003

Manic

You might suppose if you spent your life looking for dwarves, that you would see them everywhere. But I do look for dwarves lately and they aren't everywhere. Today I see my only dwarf again, the construction worker from the bus, for only the second time.

Our bus pulls up at the light and he's at the wheel of a white work van in the other lane. Later, I wonder how he works the pedals and sees over the dash, and how he manages in the land of the Ditch Witch and giant Caterpillars. But when I see him, I have time just to wonder what makes him so angry. I can't hear him, but he's yelling at something, screaming over the dashboard, turning his big face red, while two regular-sized workmates next to him in the van stare ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home