Eeksy-Peeksy

augury doggerel

Monday, July 01, 2002

The Jig

There is little I like less than having to do a jigsaw puzzle. It is not an incomplete scattering of pottery shards that could reveal something of the past. It is not a good crossword with wit hidden in the pieces. It is not a bit of good luck making things fall out right from everything wrong before. I have enjoyed archaeology and crosswords and the luck of the draw.

A jigsaw puzzle has an exact number of pieces. The pieces all fit together in exactly one way no matter how many times you do the puzzle. The aim is to make the pieces in the box look like the picture on the box. It is a picture I do not admire, sliced into pieces. I would leave it that way. There is little I like less than having to do a jigsaw puzzle.

I got a jigsaw puzzle from the kid. We built it last night. Oh, look at that little red fox.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home