Eeksy-Peeksy

augury doggerel

Thursday, March 07, 2002

Hedgehog

Two nights ago, I sat in a baby chair so the kid could electric razor my skull down to a millimeter above skin. The next morning, a barenaked lady* fixed the spots the kid missed. I bristle.

Last night, coming home after dark, I saw a hedgehog in the little front garden of the old lady down the street. (I always smile and say hello to the old lady when I see her at her door, and she is always grumbling about something, maybe about the strange, smiling guy.) I went home to grab the kid, but by the time we got back to the garden the hedgehog was gone.

* If you're here for the barenaked ladies wielding razors, fellas, that was it. You can commence detumescence now.


On the bus, reading bloody Bleak House again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home